Come Out of Her My People - God’s Endtime Judgment Upon Babylon
April 13, 2009
“And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.” Revelation 18:4
The Holy Bible is the only ancient holy book in existence that predicts the future with 100% accuracy, because it is the true Word of God. God knows the end from the beginning, and He recorded it in advance through His biblical prophets so that we can know for certain that it is true and authentic. The Bible is a record of the fall and the redemption of Mankind. Everything that has been spiritually planted by Adam and Eve and all their descendants in the earth remains and shall come to full harvest before Yeshua our Messiah establishes His eternal kingdom on earth.
What does this mean? It means that God has kept perfect records of all of man’s sins. He has recorded every injustice, every hidden murder, rape, betrayal, lust, greed, avarice, sexual perversion, all that has been stolen from the poor, etc. NOTHING has gotten past Him. He has seen it all down through history. He has also seen and recorded every good deed, every noble and valiant act, all sacrifices made for the benefit of others, and every thought, word and deed done of love. In other words, payday is coming….both for the righteous and the wicked.
These things, both the bad and the good are growing up now and coming to harvest in the realm of the Spirit. The evil is budding, flowering, and bearing its’ fruit of darkness and death. The good is also budding, flowering, and bearing its’ fruit of light and life. Harvest time has finally arrived!
God has given us great grace in our generation because we have faced more temptation than any other generation before us. The deception is greater than ever before, and Satan is desperately attempting to mingle the seed between light and darkness. But, just as oil and water cannot mix, what Satan has planted in the earth and what God has planted in the earth can never be blended. It must be separated, that is what the threshing floor is for during the harvest season.
This is the place where we are now. After 2000 years of grace, it seems that everything is just mixed together, like food after it leaves your plate and goes into your stomach. However, in the realm of the Spirit, things are extremely precise and clear. Again, God knows it all and He is the Judge of the living and the dead. Now, theologians can speculate and argue all day long, as they have for centuries, about why God allows evil, or hell, or Satan, or suffering, and who goes to heaven, but it won’t change reality as set forth in the Bible: those are all eternal facts no matter what anyone’s opinion is. These are the facts:
1. We are saved from eternal hell-fire (literal) damnation only by being born again spiritually and receiving Yeshua (Jesus) as our Messiah, Savior and Lord and then living a holy life of obedience.
2. We have been given the responsibility to bring this message to the entire world and to make disciples of the nations.
3. If we don’t reach them for whatever reason, no matter how morally good a lost soul may attempt to be, they will die and go to hell forever. The Gospel message for them is their only hope.
4. Nothing else really matters.
5. We must live for eternity and not just for now.
So, what’s the big deal about harvest time anyway? Hasn’t it always been like this in every generation since Adam fell? It has in some ways, but not in others. Consider this:
1. For the first time in history, we have over 7 billion souls on planet earth. Almost half have no idea who Jesus is, and most of the rest of them have only a religious counterfeit for salvation.
2. You cannot imagine how horrible hell really is.
3. Millions and millions of precious souls are dying every minute and falling into that horrible place. Then, there is no escape for them forever!
4. More have come to God in our generation than any other, but also, more are going to hell than ever before.
5. Your life really does make a difference.
6. We have to pull those around us out of the antichrist spirit of Babylon and bring them to the Lord at all costs. How do we do this? First of all, we have to come out of the spirit of Babylon ourselves. What is Babylon anyway? It is what is running the whole world system around us. It is ruled by money, commerce, and greed. It’s lust, power, and every pleasure. It’s the blindness to live only for the moment. It’s the lie of believing that we are our own gods and we can replace God. It is much more than just this. But that’ enough to give you the idea. Its’ engine is extortion and debt. It makes nearly all men and women into economic slaves, while a few can build big empires on earth for a few years, only to lose it all when they lose their souls. Of course, having money in itself is not evil, but when it is ruling your life, like it is in our nation now, it makes a terrible master. There are many wealthy servants of God that God is transferring the wealth of Babylon into their hands so that the Gospel can go forth. We must allow the Holy Spirit to burn all covetousness out of us! Money makes a great servant, but a terrible master. Most of God’s people have no idea how strong this endtime Babylonian system really is and how it has taken over their lives.
In the late 1960’s and in the early 1970’s, there were those Christian leaders in the “Jesus movement” that actually had vision and saw “the system” for what it was. “The system, man”, they would say, “is anti-God”. “Our culture has been polluted. We don’t want to surrender to it.” But, living in communes and renouncing modern life, not having personal property, etc. wasn’t the answer. It’s isn’t an outward thing: it’s a heart thing.
The answer has been in the Bible the whole time:
“If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.” John 15:18-19
“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For ALL that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.” 1John 2:15-17
“For whatsoever is born of God OVERCOMETH the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Yeshua (Jesus) is the Son of God?” 1John 5:4-5
So the answer is that we are IN the world but we are not to be OF the world. This means that our hearts can’t entertain any idols and still be separated from the world system. We must turn away from the idolatry of our day and live for Yeshua! We must take up our cross daily, deny ourselves and go preach the gospel!
There are six “Babylons” in the bible - three of them are natural and three are spiritual and prophetic for our day:
1. The land of Shinar where the tower of Babel was built. God destroyed it by fire and confused the languages and scattered them.
2. The kingdom of Nebuchadnezzar in bible days.
3. The geographic region where that kingdom reigned.
4. The global economic endtime system that God has begun to judge in our day. It is built upon extortion and debt, unfair interest, greed, and will finally enslave everyone who receives it’s mark in order to buy and sell. God’s financial system is built upon sowing and reaping, not buying and selling.
5. “Mystery Babylon the Great…the Harlot” – the endtime religious antichrist religion that deceives the whole world. It is based on some truth mixed with Satanic lies. Most of the world is already under its’ dominance. This includes the Roman Catholic doctrines in it that have perverted the truth as well as every other false religion and occult practice of idolatry. At least half of the Christian church will fall away to this and they are well on their way already. This will become stronger every day from this time forward.
6. The geographical regions of the earth where vast wealth has been horded, and where the end time ungodly wealthy operate in the last days. This includes “the islands of the sea” – offshore havens, islands, and even yachts and large ships where they live as well as the nations and lands where wealth has been accumulated and stored. God has reserved the fire of judgment, including thermonuclear weapons for them, according to the Bible.
Revelation 18 also mentions a CITY called “that great city Babylon, the mighty”, in particular, that is destroyed in one hour by fire. It is a large port city that is the center of global finance and trade, as well as every desirable thing, the center for music and arts, and is described by the merchants who witness her destruction, “What city is like this city?”
Revelation 18 ends with the warning, “Come out of her My people.” In our hearts, we must be pure and separate from the idolatry of the end times. But, it also has a literal meaning. “My people”, particularly in the book of Revelation, is talking about the Jewish people who are alive and living in that city.
So, to conclude, this end time Babylon city has to also contain a significant Jewish population.
The only modern city that would qualify for all of the above would be New York City. New York and its’ suburbs has the largest Jewish population outside of Israel. God is calling His people home to live in the land of Israel. The time of grace will soon come to an end. God is shaking the West now, just like He did in Russia to let the Jews out and many other nations during the past century. Now he is shaking the economies of the world, centered in New York City, partly in order to bring the Jews back. It will no longer be so pleasant or comfortable here in America by the time this shaking finishes. God has begun judging economic Babylon. It started on 9/11 with the sign when the two towers fell, fell in one hour just as it is written in Revelation 18:2,10. Our country no longer can say, “In God we trust.” Instead we could say, “In our money, we trust.” Therefore, it shall reap what it has sown. Our only hope is in God alone.
Finally, let’s look at James chapter 5:
“Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. Your riches are corrupted and your garments are moth eaten. Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days. Behold, the hire of the laborers, who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth. Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter. Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.”
Like a great trial attorney, the Holy Spirit is prosecuting the case before the Judge of the universe…the Lord of Hosts (the angel armies of heaven). He is stating the final judgment upon the end times Babylonian system: more exactly those individuals that extorted and abused those that worked under them. Through unjust interest, leveraged debt, stealing and murder, they plundered the people of God. This isn’t just in one generation, but throughout all of history. You have to remember that when each generation died, the wealth did not leave the planet with them. It remained here. It has been horded and hidden away and stockpiled for the very hour that we are in now. Satan will try to use all of this to stop God’s Kingdom from coming to earth, but He will fail. But God must allow for mankind to reap the harvests they have chosen.
But then James stops and writes in verse 7-8,9b:
“Be patient therefore, BRETHREN, unto the coming of Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. Be YE also patient; stablish your hearts: FOR THE COMING OF THE LORD DRAWETH NIGH…behold the judge standeth before the door.”
Here we see the separation of God’s people in the final generation: the Bride of Messiah. These are the ones that have come OUT of Babylon and no longer serve idols in their hearts. We see the Lord of the harvest, waiting until the last possible moment before ending the time of grace. God’s grace is like the rain that falls on the good as well as the evil until everything is FULLY GROWN. Then there is the gathering of the harvest: both good and bad. That is the work of angels in our time. They are busy SEPARATING the good from the evil.
God uses His holy fire to purify us and to cleanse our hearts. Let’s pray for that fire to consume everything that is not pleasing to Him in our lives. Stop asking for things…this is the prayer that we really NEED to pray.
May we “come out of Babylon, as God’s overcoming church, and be clean and ready when He appears for us in the midnight hour”.
Love in our Messiah,