The Wine Of Babylon
April 6 2005
This past week in Singapore, I ministered with a prophetic bible teacher named Tamara Winslow. She began to teach a revelation which struck me so profoundly that I would like to pass it on to you. The Lord then added a few things to it for me to share with you also. This letter is a bit longer one, but please read it, beloved, for it will bless and strengthen you. Amen.
The end times are upon us. We see the rise of Babylon in our world like never before. The influence of the Satanic Babylonian system is becoming so strong now that it is influencing every realm of our lives, but most of us are blind to her deception and seducing ways. If we as the church do not wake up and watch and pray, we will become drunk on her perilous wine and be helpless like the lost around us! Wake up!! Wake up!! WAKE UP!!! Do not abandon your post, church!! Watch and pray in this dark hour!!
"…Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that that sitteth upon many waters: with whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been drunk with the WINE of her fornication."
"Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. For ALL NATIONS HAVE DRUNK OF THE WINE OF THE WRATH OF HER FORNICATION, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, "COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE, THAT YE BE NOT PARTAKERS OF HER SINS, AND THAT YE RECEIVE NOT OF HER PLAGUES. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. Reward her as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: IN THE CUP WHICH SHE HATH FILLED FILL TO HER DOUBLE. (Rev.18: 2-6)
What is Babylon in the Bible? It is representative of the rebellion of mankind or man's government of himself apart from God's rule. In our world today, it is the spirit of the philosophy of humanism. Man is his own god and does not need the Almighty God, it says.
There are at least six major representations of Babylon in the Bible. Three of them are literal places in history and three are symbolic and prophetic about Satan's end-time government of the world system. The number six in the bible is the number of man. The six Babylon’s are:
1. The city called Babel in the plain of the land of Shinar where a tower was built to worship satan. God judged it by changing the languages of man (from one to many) and keeping them from uniting. (Gen. 11)
2. The land of Babylon (present day Iraq) where king Nebuchadnezzar reigned in the ancient world. God judged Babylon by destroying it after they took Israel captive. God also judged King Nebuchadnezzar personally by making him like an animal and going crazy for seven years until he repented and acknowledged the Most High God rules over all. (In the same way, the entire earth will go crazy for seven years, becoming drunk on the wine of Babylon and be judged by God when He treads out the winepress of the fierceness of His wrath against her).
3. The ancient empire that was the greatest and most lavish in the ancient world. This includes not only present day Iraq, but also a number of other nations surrounding it. God judged it by destroying it forever and declaring that it would never be rebuilt as a literal empire or kingdom.
4. The spiritual power behind the end-time POLITICAL and ECONOMIC unity of all the nations of the earth. God will judge this by the return of the Messiah to the earth and smashing it into pieces like a piece of pottery is smashed by an iron rod. (Psalm 2 and other places).
5. The spiritual power behind the end-time RELIGIOUS unity of all peoples of the earth. All the earth will worship Satan as God and the man called the antichrist who will rule the earth during the last seven years of judgment called the tribulation.
6. The location of an end-time city and also the geographical regions of the earth called "the islands of the sea". The bible clearly describes and end-time city that will be the center of world trade, world finance, the arts and music, and every fine and great thing that is the pride of man. With this city also is described various end-time nations and peoples that are directly connected with it. They are living in a lavish, extravagant way and they mock God because of their wealth, their idolatry, and their great pride.
They are called "the islands of the sea" by the prophets in the bible. God will judge both this central city and these nations living in "the islands of the sea" by destroying them suddenly in a catastrophic way by fire. The city called "Babylon" will be destroyed in one hour by fire. The "islands of the sea" shall also suffer the same fate and be destroyed suddenly in the same manner "in one day".
The ancient harlots and courtesans would always use wine to both intoxicate and to seduce their "clients". The more expensive she was the more spices and drugs were present in her wine. Right now, the whore of Babylon is spewing out her wine into every nation of the earth. God is also pouring out His wine for the church and the Jewish people.
You will drink from either god's cup or you will drink from Babylon's cup. You must decide now what wine you are going to drink. You cannot remain neutral because you have to worship something. Whenever you worship, you are drinking from a spiritual cup of wine. So, who is your god? All will know by which cup you drink from.
So, church, do you really belong to Jesus, or are you just pretending that He is your LORD? Have you taken up your cross to follow Him, or are you getting drunk on the wine of the idolatrous whore of Babylon? Remember, Jesus said that both the righteous and the wicked would grow up together as wheat and tares in the earth. You couldn't tell them apart until harvest time. But now it is harvest time in the spirit realm. We are going to find out who you really are by which cup you drink from now, church.
Let's get a little clearer and not so symbolic and metaphorical, ok? So, just what is the "wine of Babylon" anyway? Oh, I am so glad you asked. It is everywhere to be imbibed. You won't have to look far to find it:
1. What music do you listen to?
2. What entertainment do you watch: movies, video games, television, radio, CDs and DVDs and plays and magazines and clubs and "nightlife" and the Internet?
3. What is your primary motivation: the love of money and the pursuit of pleasure or the love of God and the pursuit of Him? You cannot pursue both at the same time. Which wine are you drinking?
4. Is your job and profession of work (your "career") to build an empire down here or so that you can build the kingdom of God? Do you care at all about getting the gospel to the world and saving souls from hell or do you just care about yourself, your comfort and the building of your personal empire? IS MONEY AND PLEASURE YOUR GOD? Do you serve it? Then, you are drinking from the wrong cup. Is your focus on ETERNAL things or just the "here and now"? That will reveal which wine you have been drinking.
5. How much TIME do you spend with God in prayer and reading and study of His Word? If you have very little devotional time with God, there is very little hope for you that you will be able to stay away from drinking of the wine of Babylon. IT IS EVERYWHERE! SPEND MUCH TIME WITH THE LORD, BELOVED! Drink instead of the cup of the Lord. His wine is the best, Praise God.
6. Are you connected strongly to a local church that is on fire for God and preaches the uncompromising message of the Bible? Do they let the Holy Spirit have His way in your services? Are you hearing the clear voice of the Master from the pulpit? What kind of wine is YOUR church serving? The wine of dead religion is the wine of Babylon.
7. Is there known and/or habitual sin in your life? Is your conscience pure and undefiled? That is the acid test. YOU CANNOT DRINK THE WINE OF BABYLON WITHOUT REAPING THE FRUIT OF CARNALITY. There is no way out of the sin and condemnation cycle except through changing the kind of wine you drink. Beloved, you must come to the Master's table and dine with Him. He has the bread of righteousness, holiness and healing. He has the wine of joy, peace, faith and love. The bread of heaven will satisfy. The wine of His presence will give you strength to live holy and pure even in these dark and perilous days. Eat the flesh of the Son of God. Drink His blood. Receive communion on a daily basis if you can. THIS IS THE BREAD AND THE WINE OF HEAVEN.
"Wherefore come out from among them and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and TOUCH NOT THE UNCLEAN THING; and I will receive you, and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of the God." (2 Cor. 6:17-7:1)
Come to the Lord's Table and dine with Him. It is so wonderful to partake of the bread and wine of heaven. Let God purify and cleanse you now, by His love and grace. You will never desire the wine of Babylon again. AMEN.
My love to you in Our Messiah, Jesus